Discover the 2013 programme
- Belluard Bollwerk International is an arts festival that, since 1983, takes place every year during ten days and announces the summer in the city of Fribourg, Switzerland.
- Belluard Bollwerk International takes a special position in the Swiss and European festival landscape through its qualitative, pointed program, its scale, unique location and inviting, convivial atmosphere.
- Belluard Bollwerk International presents projects from the fields of theatre, dance, performance, music, visual arts, video, music en related art forms – in conventional or unexpected places, inside or in the public space. The festival offers discussions on a high level, and encourages reflection and cross thinking.
- Belluard Bollwerk International is a multilingual festival, in a city on the crossroads of the German and French speaking part of Switzerland. It brings together artists from inlandand abroad. It confronts local with international art practices and puts Fribourg in the centre of a global art context.
- Belluard Bollwerk International is on the one hand a festival where both emergingand established artistscan present work. On the other hand the festival has a yearly thematic call for proposals and it is a producer of projects on the cutting edge of classic disciplines.
- Belluard Bollwerk International is a meeting point. From the old Belluard fortress to the new art centre Ancienne Gare or the public space: the festival takes over the city and changes it into a pulsating landscape. At the festival centre KITCHAIN inhabitants meet visitors, professionals meet amateurs. Here one eats, drinks and discusses good.